Nabanita was born in Jajpur, Orissa (India). Since her childhood she was passionate about creative work. At the age of 17, she joined Bhadrak art and craft college near to her native place. For enhancing her talent, she began studying at the Govt collage of Arts and crafts in Khallikote, Orissa in the year 1998, after being selected in an entrance exam.
During her graduation she got most of her arts training such as drawing, painting, portrait studies, still life studies, craft and quick sketch.
Bachelor of fine art • 1998 to 2002
Govt collage of arts and crafts • Khallikote (Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Odihsa, India)
Department • Painting
Specialization • She has specialized in contemporary and realistic Oil painting, water colour painting (indoor and outdoor studies), experimental with acrylic and ink, pencil sketch (indoor and outdoor studies) and craft.
Two men show
Rebirth • Exhibition by Nabanita ray & Rajendra ray at Pegasus Art Gallery, Hyderabad – 2018
IWS India Global Watercolor Summit • Shillong, India, 2018
- 12”x12” Painting & Sculpture Group Exhibition • Pegasus Art Gallery – 2019
- 78th all India Art Exhibition • Hyderabad Art Society, Hyderabad – 2019
- Art & Craft festival • Chitramayee State Gallery Of Fine Arts, Hyderabad, 2016
- Colour of Spring, Group Exibition • Chitramayee State Gallery Of Fine Arts, Hyderabad, 2016
- Group Exibition • Chitramayee State Gallery Of Fine Arts, Hyderabad, 2016
- Rastriya Lalitkala Academy, Orissa, India • 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
- Sanskriti Art Festival • Keonjhar, 2000
- Vandemataram Campaign • Berhampur, 2000
- First State Kalamela • Bhubaneswar, 2001
- Poster Camp • Khallikote, 2001
- Reflection Of Chilka • Bhubaneswar, 2002